Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sunny Days

"Mom, I am going out to play, because it is a really sunny day."
"Okay, but, Penny, if you want to go somewhere you come and tell me, okay?"
"Okay, bye"

"Penny, Penny!"
"Hey Sammy."
"Penny, do you want to go down in the woods?"
"Um, well I would have to go ask my mom if I was going to go with you."
"Well, then go ask her."
"Okay"

"Hey mom?"
"Yes?"
"Can I go play in the woods with Sammy?"
"Okay, but only if you come back before supper time."
"Okay! thanks Mom, bye"
"Have a good time."
"Sammy! My mom said yes."
"Okay, lets go."
(10 minutes later)
"Oh, Penny we are here, do you see the old path down there?"
"Yes, I do."
"Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go!"
"Okay, but I don't want to go too far down."
"Don't worry!"
"But if we go really far down we could get lost."
"Okay, we won't go too far, but we at least have to go to the river."
"All right."
(5 minutes later)
"Sammy look! I see the river."
"Cool, let's get closer."
"But not too close, because we might fall in."
"Penny! Look, there are fish in there."
"That's really cool."
"Maybe we can catch some fish."
"Okay, but we have to stay in the shallow."
"Okay Penny."
(Two hours later)
"Wow! Look at all the fish we caught."
"I know, right."
"Penny, what time does it say on your watch?"
"Oh no!"
"What, what is the matter?"
"I was supposed to be back before supper, and it is past 6:00 o'clock."
"Well, we better get back."
"My mom is going to be mad at me."
"Don't worry, we just lost track of what time it was, so I bet she will understand."
(10 minutes later)
"Penny, look we are at your house now."
"Penny! Where have you been? I have been waiting for you for two hours."
"I am sorry, we lost track of time."
"Well, I gave you that watch for a reason."
"I am really sorry, Mom."
"Next time you make sure that you come home on time, okay?"
"Okay mom."

"Hey Penny?"
"Yeah Sammy?"
"It is getting late so I have to go home."
"Okay, bye."
"Bye."

"Well, Mom do you want to see all the fish we caught?"
"Only if we can have some for supper!"
"Ha Ha, okay."
 THE END